Corporate Outreach Associate Posting
APCO International is looking for a rising star to fill the role of Corporate Outreach Associate who will work closely with our commercial members and customers overseeing and executing sponsorship fulfillment and exhibitor participation. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining experience in exhibition and sponsorship management. This position works closely with the Corporate Outreach Sales Manager and reports to the Director of Corporate Outreach. This position is an in-office position located in Alexandria, Va.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Responsible for all commercial deliverables for APCO events and commercial activities.
· Monitor, track and execute purchases made online and follow established SOPs.
· Request, maintain and track company/sponsor logos, descriptions, URLs, and other information to submit to various internal and external parties.
· Works with Events Department to understand and develop sponsor logistics, deadlines and communications.
· Coordinate activities related to the Presentation Theater within the exhibit hall during the Annual Conference & Expo.
· Works closely with marketing department to create and execute social media plan.
· Audit reports for non-payment or missing information pertaining to sponsors, exhibitors, advertisers, and corporate partners.
· Manage and execute show management booths and activities in exhibit hall from start to finish: Responsible for initiating contact, coordinating logistics with external organizations/agencies and vendors with regular communication, information, and deadlines. Review booth diagrams, create specifications and act as on-site contact. I don’t understand any of this
· Responsible for creating marketing content and providing updates for websites, emails, program guide, conference app, etc..
· Create surveys and reports for the Director of Corporate Outreach.
· Works closely with internal staff, external parties, volunteers, and contracted vendors on various projects.
· Attends local events, site visits and the Annual Conference & Expo.
· Participates in regular conference committee, staff, vendor and planning meetings and calls.
· Assist sponsors and exhibitors with registration and other tasks related to exhibiting.
· Stays current on industry related sponsorship and exhibition trends.
· Build and maintain relationships with exhibitors and sponsors.
· Provides accurate and timely information.
· Excellent customer service and professionalism.
· Support department as necessary.
· Travel to site visits and planning meetings, as necessary.
· Travel to Annual Conference & Expo to execute on-site logistics.
· Work closely within department to ensure deliverables are met.
· Weekly and monthly reporting on various projects, revenue, etc.
· Become proficient in sales, exhibit management software systems.
· Adequately run reports and lists for reporting needs.
· Maintain sponsorship and contact database to ensure accuracy.
· Ensure all sponsorships payments have been received.
· Performs research and other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong project management skills and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Constant team player and active participant.
· Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM applications.
· Marketing experience, a plus.
· Previous event or exhibition management experience (preferably association).
· Competent in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
· Self-motivated and results driven.
Education and/or Experience:
· Seeking 3+ year’s event management, sponsorship fulfillment, or exhibition experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or level of experience that meet job qualification requirements.
· CMP or CEM Certification, a plus.
· Experience in CadmiumCD or similar software, a plus.