General Statement of Essential Job Tasks:
Administer employee health, welfare and retirement plans company wide. Acts as a liaison between employees, insurance providers and resolves benefit related problems, ensuring effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. Manages Human Resources and provides administrative support (e.g. record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed. Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising manager.
Reports to: Chief Administrator Officer
General Description of Essential Job Tasks:
The following are general descriptions of the essential job tasks of the position. Other related tasks may be assigned as necessary and appropriate.
¨ Supports organization by recruiting, evaluating, and interviewing job candidates and assisting management with candidate selection; executes on-boarding process and orientation for hires
¨ Manages annual open enrollment periods each year. Distributes materials from carriers, communicates changes to employees, and conducts employee presentations.
¨ Acts as a liaison with various insurance carriers; administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations and assisting employees with questions. Reconciles monthly invoices to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the COBRA Administrator for company.
¨ Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
¨ Investigates employee issues and conflicts to bring them to resolution through counseling or oversee disciplinary procedures; addresses employee grievances; assist management in coaching and disciplining employees
¨ Manages annual Performance Appraisal program
¨ Manages HR data base updating and maintaining employee records
¨ Ensures compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations; prepares government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
¨ Writes, revises, edits and distributes company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
¨ Processes termination paperwork and conducts exit interviews
¨ Coordinates Staff activities such as celebrations, socials, holiday party; assists with awards program
¨ Manages the APCO Career Center
¨ Manages Bereavement response program for staff and membership
¨ Manages resources and assigned staff
¨ Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or equivalent combination education and experience preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas.
· Experience administering 401(k) retirement program.
· Must have computer skills and knowledge of various HRIS software.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Superior verbal/written and presentation skills.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required.
· Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.